Vitamin B Uses And Where we Find It: We can only get the right balance in our diet when we eat a variety of foods. Our diet should thus include cereals, pulses, vegetables, greens, fruits, milk, meat, milk products and eggs.
Vegetarians have to ensure that they get calcium, iron and vitamins from vegetables and nuts which are rich in these sources.
In this post we will look into why is B complex important and what are the sources rich in Vitamin B complex:
Vitamin B Uses And Where we Find It
B-5 (pantothenic acid)
B-9 (folic acid)
Each of these essential vitamins contributes to your overall bodily function. But we commonly only hear of B2 Riboflavin (when we have mouth ulcers) and B12. B12 deficiency has become a norm these days.
List Of Vitamin B Reach In Vegetables
- A lot of foods contain Vitamin B. They include
- Whole grains (brown rice, barley, millet, oats, bread)
- Meat (red meat, liver, kidney, poultry, fish)
- Eggs and dairy products (milk, cheese)
- Legumes (beans, lentils, green peas)
- Seeds and nuts (sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts)
- Dark, leafy vegetables (broccoli, spinach, lettuce, kai lan)
- Fruits (citrus fruits, avocados, bananas)
Vitamin B Reach Food
- Vitamin B-1 Beef, Liver, Milk, Pork, Eggs, Nuts, Oats, Oranges, Legumes, Peas etc
- Vitamin B-2 Eggs, Lean meat, Organs like liver and kidneys, green vegetables
- Vitamin B-3 meat, Fish, beef, Avocadoes, Brown rice, Peanuts, Green peas, Mushrooms
- Vitamin B-5 Meat, dairy products, beans, peas, lentils, nuts, mushrooms
- Vitamin B-6 pork, meat, fish, peanuts, soya beans, wheat germ, oats, bananas
- Vitamin B-7 walnuts, peanuts, cereals, milk, and egg yolks, bread, mushroom and cauliflower, avocados, bananas and raspberries.
- Vitamin B-9 Meat, liver, seafood, dark green leafy vegetables (turnip greens, spinach, romaine lettuce, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, broccoli), Beans, Peanuts, Sunflower seeds, fruits, whole grains.
- Vitamin B-12 fish, meat, poultry, eggs, milk, and milk products. Vitamin B12 is generally not present in plant foods
So from one glance can make it clear for us that if we are a non vegetarian and eat eggs we can get almost all different B complex vitamins. But vegetarians and vegans especially have very limited choices.
Various governments have thus taken up fortification of grains with B complex Vitamins which will be very useful.
Vegetarian Sources for Vitamin B complex
Whole grains (brown rice, barley, millet, oats, bread), Legumes (beans, lentils, green peas), Seeds and nuts (sunflower seeds, almonds, peanuts), Dark, leafy vegetables (broccoli, spinach, kailan, lettuce), Fruits (citrus fruits, avocados, bananas), Mushrooms.
Vegetarians can only get there share of vitamin B12 from milk, cheese and yogurt, walnuts or from fortified foods.
Conclusion: Dear friends eating on time is very important in this busy day to day life. But it is equally important to eat right and balanced food. Make sure that your meal also includes the sources or foods rich in Vitamin B too